For more information about available online resources visit SBISD's Student and Families Portal.
For more information about Online Meal Payment/Food Services click here.
The Spring Branch Independent School District has selected the following early dismissal days to be used for professional development or parental involvement. Not all schools may follow this schedule, so please contact your child's school directly if you have any questions.
- October 17-18 Elementary Early Dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conference
- December 18-20 Secondary Early Dismissal; December 20 Elementary Early Dismissal
- February 13-14 Elementary Early Dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conference
- May 26-28 Secondary Early Dismissal: May 28 Elementary Early Dismissal
Click here to review the SBISD Academic Calendar for 2019-20.
The first day of school is Thursday, August 15, 2019.
Visit our Back to School page for information on registering and staying connected.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT
- To be eligible to enroll in kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
- First graders must be six years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
- If you are new to Spring Branch ISD, or you have moved within SBISD and will attend a different school than the previous year, you must register for classes at the school your child will be attending.
- Be four years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year.
- To determine state funding the parent/guardian must answer questions about the student’s ability to speak and comprehend English, as well as about the family’s income level.
- Parents should assume responsibility for the supervision of their children prior to being picked up by the bus and after the bus has returned.
- Be five years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year to be eligible for kindergarten.
- Be six years old on or before September 1 of the current academic year to be eligible for first grade
- A child who is not legally eligible to enter grade 1 may be assigned to first grade before age six. Such assignments are the decision of the District, with the consent of the child’s parent or guardian
- New students after first grade will be placed initially at grade level reached elsewhere. Final grade placement will be based on observations and testing made by District personnel.
The MMS Cross Country TEAM had a stellar meet yesterday at Tully Stadium! THE 8th grade girls, 8th grade boys, and the 7th grade girls--- all won their divisions!!!
Marco Ferrier won the 8th grade boys race in dominant fashion, beating the next place finisher by 12 seconds. His teammates, Cody Zyroll, Eduardo Aguado, William Wylie, and Kyle Brown all placed in the TOP 15.
The 7th grade girls were led once again by Kassidy Kitchel who broke 13 minutes for two miles! Her teammates all finished in the top ten: Madeline Besetsny in 2nd, Kate Lovoi in 5th, Audrey Rogan in 6th, and Charlotte Hardig in 9th. What an impressive race by all the 7th grade girls.
The 8th grade girls were led by team captain Megan Broom in 4th, Gwenie Beach in 5th, and Sienna Yoder in 10th
The 7th grade boys top finisher was Daylan Rushing in 4th, Jonathan Lumpkin in 6th, and Quin Jamison in 7th. The 7th grade boys finished 2nd overall.
Next Wednesday the running Eagles will race for the District Titles at Nottingham Park. Please come out and cheer them on!
*as featured on the MMS PTA WebBlast:
We are excited to announce that the 8th grade Odyssey of the Mind team placed second at state and is now heading to the World Finals! Teams come to the World Finals from around the U.S. and more than 20 other countries!
The MMS 8th grade Team includes: Ben Duong, Jude Jamison, Jonathan Ji, Edward Li, Jonah Liau, Phoenix Nguyen, and Camilla Pearson
World Finals are May 22-26 and will be held at Michigan State University this year. It will cost each team member around $1,000 for the weekend (air fare, meals, ground transportation, and boarding at MSU). The OM team is raising funds for seven students and three adults and would greatly appreciate any dollar amount you would be willing to donate! The GoFundMe page for the Team is:
The Team will join us at tomorrow's PTA meeting to speak about the experience and possibly show some of their winning skit and we will have an opportunity to give donations at the PTA meeting.
Survey Available April 1-26
Please take the Family Survey to help us serve you better!
Parents play a critical role in student success. Your feedback ensures Every Child has the support and resources needed to excel.
Your opinion matters!
The results are specific to each school. Families are encouraged to provide feedback on their child's school to help inform where the school is succeeding and where it can improve.
- Unique survey links were emailed to families directly by our partners at Panorama Education on April 1.
- Families who did not receive an email from Panorama Education, please use this link to take the survey.
- The survey is expected to take no more than 15 minutes, and can be taken in English, Spanish, Arabic, and five other languages.
- If you have children at different schools, we ask that you fill out a survey for each school. If you have multiple children at one school, we ask that you take the survey with your oldest child in mind or take the survey once per child.
- Survey data is benchmarked nationally to create a comprehensive understanding of the school’s culture and climate.
If you have trouble accessing your survey, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Eagle Cross Country team competed in their second meet on Friday at Northbrook Middle School. Congratulations to the top 10 finishers in each division who all improved their mile times from the first meet!
8th Grade Girls:
Naomi deLemos - 5th place
Megan Broom - 6th place
Gwendolyn Beach - 9th place
8th Grade Boys:
Marco Ferrier - 1st place
Paxton Terveen - 3rd place
Eduardo Aguado - 10th place
7th Grade Girls:
Madeline Besetsny - 3rd place
Kate Lovoi - 6th place
Charlotte Hardig - 7th place
Audrey Rogan - 9th place
7th Grade Boys:
Daylan Rushing - 3rd place
Jonathan Lumpkin - 4th place
Quin Jamison - 6th place
On Saturday, March 30th, Digital Photography students competed in a regional UIL Art competition at Memorial Parkway Jr. High in Katy ISD.
Out of the thousands of students who participated, several MMS students scored a four (the highest possible) and received a Gold Medal!
· Ben Duong
· Anna Frederickson
· Miles Jegi
· Adeline LeCrone
· Amelia Nuzzo (two of them: one for each photo shown!)
· Ellie Stephenson
· Kate Stuyck
· Kenneth Tuan
One student received top honors, the Platinum Medal: Kate Stuyck
Congratulations to all who competed!
Families and mentors are a critical part of helping students make connections between what is learned at school and what they experience outside campus walls. We welcome and encourage parents, families, and mentors to partner with us!
The new Empowered & Equipped! site features resources to support conversations and activities at home, and in the community, with monthly lessons aligned to SBISD instruction. These lessons focus on the critical areas of Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)and building awareness of various career pathways as part of the Spring Branch T-2-4 Goal.