Understanding the characteristics of the middle level learner, Memorial Middle School believes:
- Opportunities for developing and building self-esteem must be provided.
- Dignity and respect for the uniqueness of each learner is acknowledged. Enrichment should be an integral part of the total curriculum to maximize student achievement.
- All students deserve academic challenges that acknowledge a variety of learning styles.
- Interdisciplinary teaming and the development of thematic units provide lifelong learning experiences.
- A continuum of learning exists among elementary, middle, and high schools.
- The integration of technology provides the learner with the skills necessary to compete in the Information Age.
- A community of learners is developed through the efforts of teams of teachers and students.
- Teachers as facilitators in the classroom produce autonomous learners.
- Cooperative learning promotes an individual's responsibility to a group.
- A safe environment creates a sense of belonging.
- Respect for self and others develops good citizens.
- Parents and the community should contribute mutually in the success of the school.
- Through the implementation of these beliefs, Memorial Middle School creates a culture which best prepares students for the future.