Chromebook & Tech Help
This is a two-step process!
1. STUDENT DEVICE LOANER AGREEMENT
- Complete your Student Device Loaner agreement through Skyward or by clicking the link below to get an agreement you can print and fill out.
2. PAY FOR INSURANCE OR OPT OUT
- If you want to pay for loaner device insurance, you may do so at MySchoolBucks.com or you can pay by cash or check made out to MMS.
- If you have opted out or do not pay for insurance, you are liable for any damage or issues with the Chromebook.
You must complete both steps in order to have a Chromebook issued to your child.
If you have questions, please call MMS at 713-251-3900.
Families have the option to purchase insurance for a small fee to cover breakages and malfunctions that occur within reason.
Insurance must be purchased before any issues occur.
The insurance covers the cost of TWO replacement computers per student. After the second computer, you will be responsible for the $341 replacement cost.
Chromebook chargers are not covered under the insurance, and we do not have extras. If students lose or break a charger, please bring $50 to the front office (make checks out to MMS) and one will be ordered.
Lost or broken or broken plastic cases are not covered either. They cost $20, payable to MMS before they are ordered.
You may pay for either of these items as well as the insurance at MySchoolBucks.com
We recommend the following safety precautions to prevent computer damage:
- Always shut down and wait for the light to stop flashing before closing the Chromebook.
- Never walk with the Chromebook open.
- Place Chromebook inside a protective case while traveling around the MMS campus and at home.
- Use caution when charging Chromebooks and keep cords out of high traffic areas.
- HOW TO AVOID ISSUES
- Have you checked for updates?
- I can't sign on to ItsLearning on my Chromebook!
- My Chromebook won't turn on
- My Chromebook won't connect to the Internet
- My Chromebook is lost or stolen!
- My Chromebook is running slow or won't load pages
- I need to change my password
- I lost/broke my charger
- I broke the plastic case for my Chromebook
- When I search for something on the Internet, random pages pop up
If you have a question about the ItsLearning Parent Portal, please contact Sarah Herzog, our TLS.
For tech support, please call the SBISD Help Desk at (713) 251-8324.
Monday - Friday: 7:00am to 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am to 10:00pm
*Limited service on holidays
The MMS Eagle messenger bag for your Chromebook is here and only $15 in the MMS main office while supplies last. (Cash or check to MMS or pay online at MySchoolBucks.com!)
Bags are black with the MMS Eagle on the side & can be personalized.
Extensions are like programs that are connected to your SBISD Chrome login.
Whenever you log in to a computer or Chrome browser with your SBISD login and password, all your extensions activate on it.
Some extensions like GoGuardian, Clever, and Read&Write are added by the district and are on all SBISD accounts.
Some are games and 3rd party extensions. Click here to see if your extensions are in the safe range or if you have allowed them to take over your computer.