If you are having ItsLearning difficulty, make sure you only have ONE ItsLearning tab open. Close all ItsLearning tabs but one.
Extensions are like programs that are connected to your SBISD Chrome login.
Whenever you log in to a computer or Chrome browser with your SBISD login and password, all your extensions activate on it.
Some extensions like GoGuardian, Clever, and Read&Write are added by the district and are on all SBISD accounts.
Some are games and 3rd party extensions. Click here to see if your extensions are in the safe range or if you have allowed them to take over your computer.
The MMS Eagle messenger bag for your Chromebook is here and only $10 in the MMS main office while supplies last. (Cash or check to MMS.)
Bags are black with the MMS Eagle on the side & can be personalized.
For tech support, please call the SBISD Help Desk @ (713) 251-8324.
Monday - Friday: 7:00am to 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am to 10:00pm
*Limited service on holidays
- Have you checked for updates?
- HOW TO AVOID ISSUES
- My Chromebook won't turn on
- My Chromebook won't connect to the Internet
- My Chromebook is lost or stolen!
- My Chromebook is running slow or won't load pages
- I need to change my password
- I lost/broke my charger
- I broke the plastic case for my Chromebook
- When I search for something on the Internet, random pages pop up
- I can't sign on to ItsLearning on my Chromebook!
LEARNING FROM HOME HELP LINKS:
- Free Accessibility Supports students with accessibility needs
- SBISD Login Issues?
- ItsLearning Error Log Issue?
- HOW TO CHECK FOR WORK COMPLETION ON ITSLEARNING
- Chromebook Troubleshooting Guide
- SORA Online Books
- Logging on to SORA
- How to take a screenshot on your Chromebook
- How to take a photo or video on your Chromebook
- Share images from your phone or device to your SBISD Google Drive
- Upload images/videos from your Google Drive account to ItsLearning
- How to turn in an *active* link on ItsLearning
As you know, SBISD has issued Chromebooks to all MMS students this school year.
Students were given the option to purchase insurance for a small fee to cover breakages and malfunctions that occur within reason. The insurance covers the cost of TWO replacement computers per student. After the second computer, you will be responsible for the $263 replacement cost.
Chromebook chargers are not covered under the insurance, and we do not have extras. If students lose or break a charger, please bring $50 to the front office (make checks out to MMS) and one will be ordered.
Lost or broken or broken plastic cases are not covered either. They’re $16.50, payable to MMS before they are ordered.
We recommend the following safety precautions to prevent computer damage:
- Always shut down and wait for the light to stop flashing before closing the Chromebook.
- Never walk with the Chromebook open.
- Place Chromebook inside a protective case while traveling around the MMS campus and at home.
- Use caution when charging Chromebooks and keep cords out of high traffic areas.