Students will follow these guidelines:
- Neatness, proper dress, and good grooming are part of good behavior; inappropriate attire and grooming are not conducive to the general decorum within the school. In an administrator’s judgment, anything that creates a distraction in the classroom is unacceptable.
- Must wear a shirt long enough to cover the front and back of the midriff area. You may not expose stomach or back. See-through clothing is not permitted.
- May wear t-shirts untucked as long as bottom layer does not hang excessively below the waist of pants, shorts, skirts, etc. and skin is not exposed
- Pants must be worn at the waist. Pants may not be longer than the bottom of the shoes and cannot “sag”. Baggy clothing is unacceptable.
- Hats, caps, and bandannas are not permitted.
- Clothing may not be worn which displays (written or pictured) obscene or distasteful slogans or advertises tobacco, drugs, alcoholic beverages, or prohibited substances.
- Being barefoot on campus is not acceptable. Flip-flops, shower shoes, etc., are not permitted. All shoes must have a strap around the heel for safety purposes.
- Tight-fitting clothing (i.e., Lycra-type bike shorts and Spandex) are not allowed.
- Hair should be clean, neat, and well groomed. Hair color must be a natural color (i.e., not green, pink, blue, etc.)
- Torn clothing exposing skin is not permitted.
- Nose rings or visible body piercing, other than ears, are not permitted.
- Visible tattoos must be covered.
- Mustaches, beards, etc., are not permitted. All facial hair must be clean shaven.
- Tank tops and sleeveless shirts may not be worn.
- Sleeveless shirts are permitted, but tank tops are not. The shoulder straps must have a width of at least 3 inches.
- Halter tops, tube tops, and tops which expose undergarments are not permitted.
- Modest necklines are required.
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts must be no shorter than three inches above the knee.
- Leggings worn under skirts are acceptable as long as the skirt meets length requirements.