What to do if you are absent
From the SBISD Student Handbook:
- Students must be present 90% of the year to be promoted. Official attendance is taken daily.
- All students not present when roll is taken are counted absent.
- Students will be considered absent from class if they miss more than 15 minutes of the class period.
- Notify the school of the absence. Click here to email Mrs. Duran.
- If you would like to contact the nurse regarding a medical absence, click here to email Nurse Smith.
- Check ItsLearning for assignments.
- Spring Branch ISD allows you as many school days as the number of excused absences to make up work once you return to school. Click here for the SBISD-approved list of excused absence types (page H-5).
- If you are well enough at home to work on the assignments and turn them in through ItsLearning, you may. Your teachers will not have Zoom sessions during class time.